Summer & Fall Child Care Programs in Pleasant Prairie
Extended Love Child Development Center offers two sessions to Kenosha area families: summer and fall.
Summer Session coincides with the KUSD Summer Recess. We offer care to all children 6 weeks through 11 years old. Because we have such a long winter in Wisconsin, our summer program involves as much outside time and fresh air as possible!Fall Session focuses on promoting school readiness. Year-round curriculum incorporates the best practices in early childhood education. We begin to develop portfolios and assessments, and to explore activities for continued growth and development.
Infants: We begin to explore the world outside. Our infant teachers utilize our playpens, strollers, wagons and baby swings to bring the outdoor experience to the little ones.
Ones: Our youngest toddlers begin to play on the Little Tyke play equipment, go for walks, ride in the strollers and enjoy the season. We love to get messy and paint and play with sensory media such as sand, water, edible play dough and more!
Twos: Lots of outside play keeps 2-year-olds happy! Sprinkler time, playground time, neighborhood walks, sand and sensory fun, trucks, balls and swings are where the learning takes root. We paint, sing, dance and play. Structure is light but routine is still kept. We offer a variety of fun summer themes to keep the children developing while still finding time to enjoy our warm Wisconsin weather!
Threes and Fours: The oldest preschoolers get the bigger playground and grassy areas to play! We spend as much time as possible enjoying fresh air opportunities and learning about nature, summer, culture and environment around the center, with periods of indoor play and activities.
School-Age Summer Camp: The “big kids” really get to spread their wings and explore through weekly field trips.
- Tuesday is field trip day off the premises. A preplanned list of trips is billed out for the entire summer. Some of their favorite places include water parks, zoos, lakes, parks and bowling.
- Weekly summer movie at our local movie theater.
- Weekly sports activity including soccer, volleyball, baseball, archery and much more.
- Other days are filled with fun activities around the center and the grounds. We have lots of opportunities for outside exploration, group games and fun. Inside is filled with options of crafts, science, technology, reading, and small and large group play. We keep them very busy because a busy big kid is a happy big kid.
- Summer ends with a “lock-in.” The children and all their team teachers (including Ms. Ann, Ms. Karen and Ms. Linda) stay overnight and have a “survivor”-themed night of games, prizes, pizza, movies, ice cream and fun. We shoot a movie on the gym wall like a “drive-in” and we stay up all night!
Our fall curriculum offers Kenosha-area families quality child care with a focus on child development.
What Is Child Development?
Child development refers to how a child becomes able to do more complex things as they get older. Development is different from growth. Growth only refers to the child getting bigger in size. When we talk about development, we are talking about developing skills like:
- Gross motor – using large groups of muscles to sit, stand, walk, run, keep balance, change positions, etc.
- Fine motor – using hands to be able to eat, draw, dress, play, write and do many other things.
- Language – speaking, using body language and gestures, communicating and understanding what others say.
- Cognitive – Thinking skills, including learning, understanding, problem solving, reasoning and remembering.
- Social – Interacting with others; having relationships with family, friends and teachers; cooperating and responding to the feelings of others.
Please view specific fall program information, by age groups, within our website.Learn more about Before- & After-School/Occasional Care.