Child Care Programs for 4-Year-Olds & Kindergarteners in Pleasant Prairie
The 4K classroom at Extended Love CDC is designed to help your child make significant developmental gains, such as communicating successfully and working both independently and in groups. Our highly experienced teachers will prepare your child for kindergarten and life beyond.
Our thematic approach is specifically designed to meet the child care and learning needs of 4- and 5-year-old children. This challenging, fun and age-appropriate program engages the child, improving their thinking, reasoning and communication skills.
Kindergarten readiness is our main focus and is promoted through the following activities:
- Literacy – vocabulary and language, phonological awareness, letters, words, print, comprehension, books and other texts
- Mathematics – numbers, patterns and relationships, geometry and spatial awareness, measurement, and data collection, organization and representation
- Science – the physical properties of objects, living things, and the earth and the environment
- Cooking – the children learn how food is prepared and how it contributes to their health and well-being.
- Social studies – how people live, work, get along with others, and are shaped by their surroundings
- The arts – dance, music, dramatic play, drawing and painting
- Process skills – observing and exploring; problem solving; and connecting, organizing, communicating and representing information
Your child’s day will consist of the best practices of early childhood education. They will create journals and portfolios that encourage communication through drawing and writing. The typical daily structure for your child will include time for:
- Morning Circle Time – calendar, weather, Pledge of Allegiance, Helper Chart
- Center Time – Exploring through small groups; art, math, small and large motor, dramatic play, sensory, computer, writing
- Phonics Activity – Word Lightening, Tongue Twisters, Sign Language, ABC Book, Alpha Tales
- Gym or library time and story time
- Music and movement
- Lunch – served family style
- Outside play
- Rest time